I got this email today from a friend who knows this family well. I actually got an email from his wife earlier in the week but didn't know if I was at liberty to share it on my blog. Today I have permission to ask you to pray for this family. As a prospective adoptive mother...I am so heavy hearted over this in empathy. Join us in prayer for this adoptive family and their little girl Odette in Haiti!!!
Here is ema as U received it this morning:
Hi Friends,
I am not usually one to send out mass requests like this but in this time I am asking you...I am pleading with you, to intercede in prayer...
My cousin Allyson and her husband Andy are in the process of adopting Odette, a sweet little girl from Coq Chante Orphange on a mountain about 10 minutes outside of Port au Prince, Haiti. Their church, Whitestone, has been actively involved with this orphanage for the past several years and there are a handful of families currently in the adoption process waiting to bring home their girls in the next few months. Allyson just returned from a trip to see Odette on Monday night...we are already seeing God's hand and His faithfulness by bringing her home safely.
The reports we've heard from Coq Chante: the orphanage is partially collapsed, but all the girls that live there made it out safely except one...as she was walking down the front steps the building collapsed on her and she did not survive. Odette had gone to Port au Prince with her biological parents for the day (they are so impoverished they cannot afford to pay for her living expenses) to have DNA
testing done as part of the adoption process. We don't know where she is...the contact between the Whitestone families and Coq Chante orphanage has been able to get Odette's biological father's cell phone number- phone calls from the US to Haiti are supposed to be taking precedence right now over inter-country calls- and they will continue calling throughout the day until they hear something. This adoption process has already taken over a year and the most recent news was that they were within a couple of months of bringing Odette home.
PLEASE pray for Odette today...for her safety, for her health, for her biological parents who are with her right now...please also pray for Andy and Allyson Coleman, for their other three daughters, Taylor, Molly, and Abby (the girls do not yet know that Odette is unaccounted for)...and for all the girls of Coq Chante orphanage. Please ask your families, your churches, your prayer warriors to seek God today. In the midst of tragedy it is easy to watch the news and feel stirred to pray for those hurting...my request is that you will pray specifically for this family, for the little girl that God has hand-picked to be part of our family, and that He would continue to be faithful in covering her and holding her close. I love you all and will keep you updated as news comes in.
Thank you,
Lisa
Thursday, January 14, 2010
Please Pray!!!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment