Sunday, January 31, 2010

A Blogger Award!

A while ago, I was given a blogger award from my sweet friend Cindy Jones from "Keeping Up With The Jones'!! I want to thank her for thinking of me!! I love being able to keep up with friends from church since I only get to see them for a little while on Sundays and Wednesdays.


She is not only a wife and mom...she works full time AND finds time to be a Heritage Makers consultant. She does beautiful work and if you are ever interested...just leave her a comment on her blog and I'm sure she will be glad to get you started! Thanks again Cindy!!


Well, what I am supposed to do in accepting this nomination for the Kreativ Blogger Award...is to tell 7 things about myself that most people don't know. Hmmm...I'm not really a fan of writing a whole post about me, I seriously get sick of myself!! But, here goes...


1. I was a cheerleader for most of my middle and high school years. But, in my senior year I didn't try out because I wanted to join the newspaper staff. That was considered social suicide:) Many people thought I had lost my mind! But, then I went on to be a English major and an editor for several textbooks and it all made sense. I just loved to write and wanted some kind of outlet!


2. My family is VERY good friends with Courteney Cox's (CeCe as she is called) family. My grandparents are her parents' best friends. Her mother came to both of my Birmingham baby showers...it was SO strange talking to her about Jennifer Anniston! Anyway, Jay and I also were given a food processor from Courtney and her mom...funny stuff!


3. I have stayed in Sting's apartment in New York. Yep...my grandparents and I went to New York and Hunter Copeland (Courteney Cox's stepfather) knew Sting's manager and let us stay in his New York Apartment. At the time...I had no idea who Sting was! I just remember there being a whole ROOM filled from ceiling to floor with t-shirts on the walls:) Now...I would appreciate it so much more!! My friend Brooke would have died:)

4. I have a HUGE obsession with the color red...and ladybugs! The main reason I love ladybugs is that they are RED. If you visit my house there is red everywhere and that's just how I love it. It is just the most wonderful color in the world to me. As Shelby would say in Steel Magnolias..."it's my signature color."

5. Daisies are my favorite flowers. I totally agree with Meg Ryan that they are the happiest flowers in the world. My husband loves that they are CHEAP and they last FOREVER...since he bring me flowers about every week. He is thrilled when they come back into season because they make me so happy and the price makes his wallet happy too:)

6. Meg Ryan is my most FAVORITE actress of all times. I love her in almost every movie she has ever done (except for a few weird dark ones). I especially love IQ, You've Got Mail, Sleepless in Seattle, French Kiss, Joe VS. The Volcano and...well there are just too many to name!! The best compliment my husband gave me recently was when we were watching You've Got Mail and he turned and looked at me and said, "You do look just like Meg Ryan." He knows how to melt my heart;) (I'm not loving her new look though!)

7. I have been consistently in the Word of God daily for the past 7 1/2 years. It is the LOVE of my life! It is the air I breathe, the food I eat, and the water that quenches my soul. I savor it and take FOREVER to go through it. It took me an entire YEAR to go through the book of Luke! Oh...how I love to just savor every single word of it like it is honey! Y'all I'm more obsessed with it than the color red, daisies, or Meg Ryan films!

Well, that's it...7 things you may or may not have known about me! Now, the fun part...I get to nominate 7 of my most favorite blogs written by my most favorite friends.

Now, here's the deal. I have WAY more than 7 amazing friends who have amazing blogs. I don't want to hurt any of my sweet friends' feelings for not being able to nominate them for this...um...wacky Kreativ Blogger Award.

Soooo...I am going to put ALL their names in a hat (taking out those who have already gotten this award) and draw them out. I'm serious. I'm really doing this because I can't imagine not being able to nominate ALL my friends! They are all just too wonderful. So...here are the ones that were pulled:

Brooke - Off the Cuff and On the Fly

Shannon - A Time for Baughnding

Ginger - Debuskville (The one who got me blogging and found Jenissa to design my site!!)

Meredith - The Adventures of Super Squirrel

Jennifer - The Smathers Family

Rhonda - Simple Freedom

Amy - Our Journey With Jesus As the Center


So here's what you have to do girls..

--Thank the person who nominated you....that would be ME! And, copy the logo to your blog.
--Link the person who nominated you.
--List 7 things people may not know about you.
--Nominate 7 creative bloggers, post a link to their blogs, and leave a comment for them so they know they have been recognized.


Happy Blogging! :)

post signature

No comments: