Thursday, April 22, 2010

Meet our Isaac from Uganda!

Well, today we got our sponsorship packet for our Isaac from Uganda! The girls and I couldn't wait to tear into it and read all about him and his family. He lives with his dad and step-mother along with 2 siblings. We quickly wrote back and enclosed a family photo that they asked to send him. Here is what is written about him:



Isaac is responsible for carrying water, gathering firewood, and teaching others. His father is sometimes employed as a farmer and his stepmother maintains the home. There are 3 children in the family.



Soccer, volleyball and singing are Isaac's favorite activities. He also attends church activities, Bible class and youth group.



I can't tell you how excited we are! We know God has an amazing plan for Isaac's life. He went to great lengths to insure that Isaac had a sponsor. We are humbled that God would choose us! We can't wait to hear back from him and to know him better and better. We have been praying so much for both he and Esceza. They are our little Ugandan loves...well Isaac is probably bigger than me so he's not so little:)



Another really cool God thing was that the day after I posted about our Isaac experience...a lady from Compassion who was doing research, came across my blog just on that exact day and emailed me! It was so cool to hear how the story of Isaac had moved her to tears. I emailed her back and am excited to know and become involved in advocating for these precious children who need sponsors!!!



If you are not in a place where you can pursue adoption or foster care right now. I ask you to pray about sponsoring a child through Compassion. What a blessing it is to our family. These kiddos have photos around my house just like my own do. Their pictures hang on my fridge just like they were one of our very own kiddos. It is precious.



Take time to pray over it. Seek the Holy Spirit's wisdom and then step out in faith wherever He leads. It's a wild ride...but I LOVE it!!!


And by the way...Isaac is one special guy for sure!


post signature

No comments: