Sunday, September 23, 2007

Happy 4th Birthday Julian!

Yesterday we traveled to my family's home in Alabama to celebrate my nephew's 4th birthday! We had so much fun getting ready for the party and making the cake. The girls and I wanted to make the cake instead of simply buying a cake for him. Julian loves trains...so we got online and started researching the cake that we wanted to make for him.
It was a bit interesting at times...but overall it was pretty easy and LOTS of fun! Anli was in charge of the "coal" car that was made from Whoppers glued together with icing. Virginia did the M&M car...just because who doesn't like a train car filled with M&Ms coming to your house? And Jay was in charge of the "wood" car made from Twix bars. I was in charge of the engine and caboose. I must say that the engine was...interesting to make. It was the most challenging part...mainly because it involved cooking part of the cake in a soup can...I know!
We packed up and headed to see the family with dog, presents, and large cake in tow. We had to blast the air conditioner in the back so the icing didn't melt...poor Pacey was back there smelling this wonderful cake and getting blasted with cold air! Fun was had by all and we had to come home that night so that we could visit Noonday again this morning.
Anli made a Thomas and Friends pillow for Julian all by herself! She puts me to shame! She used a real needle and thread to make a wonderfully soft pillow that went along with our train theme. He loved it! She is so crafty and creative...always wanting to make something personal for people...what a gift!
We listened to the awesome Auburn game on the way home! Go Tigers! We were so proud of them and excited to hear them put points on the board early and follow through until the end.

We had quite a day yesterday and it was so much fun that we were tired and ready for bed when we got home. I took this precious photo of my tired Anli this morning. She is getting so big, but she is still my beautiful little girl! I had to share this photo!


We hope your game day was great and that you were able to enjoy the wonderful weather! I can't wait to share my Sabbath Reflections with you tomorrow. I was challenged by the Word this morning and I pray you were too! Rest in the Lord and His goodness today...

No comments: