Friday, September 21, 2007

My Favorite Place!

Well, since we have moved into this 1200 square foot apartment from our 3,000 square foot house...it's been hard for me to find a place to call my own where I can be with the Lord! Now, with everyone sharing every room together all the time...and with a dog that follows me around all day...I was wandering around each day trying to find a quiet spot. Even though I get up early to run and be with God, there are still precious few places to be alone!


But, then as I was organizing our large master bedroom closet...an old phrase ran through my mind! I had found my spot... a good old fashioned "prayer closet"! It has an outlet in it so that I can have a little lamp and it has just the coziest spot for me to hide away for a few moments to study and pray...with a cup of hot tea, of course! It's truly my "prayer closet"!

I thought that I was so clever until the other day when I was right in the middle of a rich prayer time...when a little black nose sniffed in the door I had not closed tightly enough...oh well! It's simply a little place to retreat for time with my father.

I love to sing, dance, read, and talk about the Lord with my kids all day long (since we are together ALL the time), but like I love a good date night with my man...I love a quiet place just to focus only on God and His goodness.

What about you? Do you have a favorite place to be with God? Have you found that time where you get alone and just bask in His presence? Do you make special time for your relationship with your Beloved? I pray today that though you may not be snuggled in a closet...that you will find that place and time with the Lord that will fill you to overflowing! If you don't...what are you waiting for...you've got a closet don't you!

No comments: