Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Update on Virginia Grace

Yesterday we were scheduled for an appointment with a pediatric surgeon to take off the mole on her back. We had gotten up and started school early so that we would have most of our work finished by the time we needed to leave. So, we got in the car and were about to turn onto I-575 when my car died! I mean we were turning at the light to get on the interstate and it shut off! The check engine light had come on the day before...but I didn't expect that!

So, I quickly turned around at the light and headed to our Ford dealership to get it fixed. So, we will have to reschedule the consultation until next Monday. But, I know that God has this in His plan...though we don't know why yesterday was not the day she should see her new doctor...we know that God has a purpose. Please continue to pray with us that she will feel comfort with this doctor and that they will be able to get all the cells.

Thanks to those of you who have emailed and called to follow up on her. We know that you are praying and that she is covered! We are so grateful to those who join with us in this journey of faith. Speaking of faith...here is a verse that I came across in my time with God this morning.

"So Saul died for his breach of faith. He broke faith with the LORD in that he did not keep the command of the LORD, and also consulted a medium, seeking guidance. He did not seek guidance from the LORD." 1 Chronicles 10:13-14

WOW! That really hit me hard...Saul died for his breach of faith. And we know that he broke faith with the Lord by not following His commands and for not seeking guidance from the Lord instead of other ways and people. I took some time today to see what my faith looks like. I know that each day I rebel against the commands of the Lord...and I seek guidance all the time from lots of other places other than God. I started to ask God how those two things reflected my faith walk.

By faith we believe that God's ways are better and more wonderful than the ways of this world. So, if we truly believe that God is more precious than anything on this earth...then why wouldn't we desire, above all else, to follow His every word? Not that we ever fully accomplish the task of keeping every command...but that our full desire in this life is to do all that He commands. But, our heart will only desire Him above the things of the world if we have faith that He is who He says He is.

By faith we seek the guidance of God before and above all other. If we truly believe that God is all knowing and all wise...and that He is the author and finisher of our faith...then we would run day and night to Him (through His Word and prayer) to seek His guidance.

So, today I am looking very critically at my faith walk. What do I really believe? Of course I would say that I believe that God is better than life! Of course I would say that I believe God's ways are the best ways! Of course I would say that God is all wise! But, what does my faith walk say about what I believe?

Do I run after the things of this world...like money, things, popularity, position, etc? Do I follow God's commands because I truly believe that He is the most precious thing in life or do I go through the motions just because I should? Do I run to God day and night with those things that worry, bother, anger, frustrate, irritate, or confuse me or do I pick up the phone and call a friend and ask their advice? What I really believe and what my faith is found in is what I will live out every day.

Take some time today to examine your faith walk. What do you really believe? That is what guides your daily activities. Saul died because he had a breach of faith in God. God is concerned about who we are inside and where our faith lies.

"And without faith it is impossible to please him, for whoever would draw near to God must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who seek him." Hebrews 11:6

Have a blessed day!

No comments: