Thursday, September 13, 2007

School Days...

Well, we are off and running! School began for us on Monday and we were so grateful that God allowed us to be settled into an apartment by the time school rolled around! He has been confirming and leading every step of the way...we are so blessed!

Monday was a little crazy since we are starting an online accredited private school called the Morningstar Academy. It is a multimedia (interactive games, movies, CDs, workbooks, etc.) academy that is a nationally accredited private school. That means that you can receive a diploma from this school instead of the standard GED that many home school students receive. It also means that they use Abeka curriculum (quite challenging we are finding!) and they monitor all attendance, grades, assignments and issue a portfolio of your work at the end of the year should you need to enter a traditional school.

It is a wonderful school, but I had to learn my way around the technology world on Monday! I spent a lot of time bouncing from on laptop to another trying to get the girls to the sites they needed to be working on. But, by today...we are doing much better and we were able to move smoothly through! The girls love it and they don't even feel like they are doing school!

But, never fear...they ARE in school! On Tuesday Anli was learning about the electromagnetic spectrum, prisms, refraction, wavelength, frequency, pigment, and more! I was a little surprised that this was just the first week!!! We'll be busy that's for sure...and I am learning too...it's been a while since I have thought about the electromagnetic spectrum!

We are loving the pace and the freedom of home school...with the accountability and support of those who know what they are doing. This offers us both and we can take this anywhere we want to go...even Africa!

We pray that your school year is off to a great start too. We are thankful that God gives so many different places and ways for our children to learn and grow. Every child and family is different and I am so glad we have a God who meets our individual needs in so many creative ways. Enjoy your school year and may God be glorified in our lives today!

No comments: