Both of my girls have been swimmers since they were about old enough to walk. They love the water and enjoy swimming! I used to be on the swim team when I was younger and Jay is a certified lifeguard...so why in the world would we be sending them to swim lessons?
Well, when we are in the pool with the girls...they want to play with us and not learn stroke work from us! So, about 2 weeks ago I got a card outside our apartment door about a girl who teaches private lessons. I gave her a call and each girl had their own private lesson yesterday at this amazing pool with a huge water slide!
Doing the backstroke!
Virginia has really mastered the backstroke too!
Virginia breathing to the side...that was a huge accomplishment for both of them!
They did amazing (she said) and we will be taking some more lessons throughout the summer. They worked on the 4 strokes and breathing to the side instead of bringing their head straight up. I was super proud of their work and now it's my turn to keep them practicing until the next lesson. But, they picked it up very quick!
After lessons, we were able to stay there at the pool for a while and play. Then, we headed to Subway and got a yummy lunch and ate it under the arbor at our apartment complex. The weather was awesome and just right for drying out after a long swim time.
I don't know what Jay was thinking when he took some leftover fabric pieces and put them on last night! He looks like a trip back to the 80s. I had cut the legs off of several pairs of leggings since they were getting too short...now they are shorts...and apparently leg warmers for Jay!




1 comment:
Looks like alot of fun and a wonderful pool. My kids would love the slide!
PS:Does Jay know you blogged him?!?!
Post a Comment