Sunday, June 22, 2008

Week in Review!

Last Saturday we headed to our new favorite family fun spot...Lifetime Fitness! We joined along with several of our friends and we love it. It has a great climbing wall that Jay and the girls love to hang out in several days a week. Anli is our competitive climber...but Virginia likes to climb too! This place allows us all to enjoy climbing together. Yes...I even climbed using the auto belay! I'm terrible...but it was fun!
Here Anli comes down using the auto belay. It's really cool (and for me a little freaky) to be climbing on the auto belay. But, it allows Jay to belay one of the girls while the other one climbs on their own! We got to see our good friends that Prachts there too.
On Sunday, we celebrated Father's Day by going to church and then heading to see Kung Fu Panda. It was so cute and the girls loved this bigger than lifesize panda! Virginia ran over as fast as she could and struck the kung fu pose. Jay loves movies, so it was a great movie we could all enjoy!
Then, we headed out to Baskin Robbins for some ice cream. Jay LOVES ice cream, so this was a must for his Father's Day celebration. It was such a nice night we sat outside and enjoyed our night with the BEST DAD around!
Anli chose blue raspberry sherbet and her tongue was a crazy shade of blue! She is just like me when I was little...I was all about sherbet too!

Monday began a week of dance camp for the girls at First Baptist Woodstock. The whole week cost $17 for each girl! So, we signed up for this past week and another week in July. Virginia took the ballet camp, while Anli was in jazz class. They had a blast! They went all week and each of them had a cute little dance routine to show at the end of the week.

Monday night was Jay and I's first Strictly Strength class at Lifetime. On Saturday, we each met with a personal trainer to help us assess where we are physically and what we need to do meet our goals. We had our strength, flexibility, cardio/oxygen level and body fat tested.

It took around an hour and then they told us our body age...mine was 34 years thankfully since I am 34 years old! But, the trainer told me that I need some major strength training. I am an aerobic kind of girl...not so much a strong kind of girl. That is why it is good to get this assessment...because running and aerobic activity wasn't going to meet my goals.

So, he gave us some classes to attend. Jay went with me and we BOTH were about to die!!!! It was a solid hour of strength training every muscle group in our bodies. I mean it was like boot camp...but it was awesome! We have gone 3 more times this week (which is our assignment until we meet for our results in August). I was so sore...but now I'm doing better the more we go.
But, most importantly...I have a ponytail. You don't know how long it's been since I have had one of these. OK, it's not a big one...but I think it counts:)

Tuesday, before dance camp, we headed to Kangaroo Bob's for Caleb's birthday celebration! It was a blast and basically deserted the whole time. The kids had a great time and we loved getting to celebrate Caleb's 7th birthday with him!
Happy Birthday Caleb!

On Saturday we headed to out to breakfast together and then went swimming at Lifetime. Then, while I worked out Jay took the girls climbing again. We ate a yummy, yummy lunch at the Life Cafe and I had an amazing hummus wrap! Then, we headed home for a day of relaxing together.


We got home around 1:30pm and for the rest of the day we played together as a family. We built buildings out of blocks with Dad, we made a doll house for our Bobble Heads as girls, we made milkshakes for dessert, and gathered up in Virginia's bed and read our Kids Through the Bible.
It was a perfect day!

We have an amazing Through the Bible in a Year with Kids. It takes about 7 minutes to read the portion for the day...and in a year...you have read the entire Bible with your kids! Talk about a worthwhile investment of 7-10 minutes a night. We spend time talking through what we read together and the girls can ALWAYS answer all my questions. They really get it!


I tell my girls several times a week...invest in what last! Invest in the things that will last today...the Word of God and the souls of men (or kiddos!). It's worth every minute!

post signature


No comments: