Well, it's a rainy Monday and our plans for the pool with friends were canceled...so I thought it was about time to catch up on my blogging. I have my windows up and am listening to the rain as it pours down...very relaxing!
We had a wonderful time with our friends in Athens, AL last weekend. We had a great trip there (4 hours) as the kids watched some movies and we listened to Dave Ramsey's Total Money Makeover (thanks Dorothy!). Our church is hosting Financial Peace University and Jay is small group leader. We are so excited about this material and are really enjoying going through this with our church body..to learn how to be more obedient with the income God has given us to be stewards of now. Jay and I had wonderful discussions on the way about how God would desire us to use the money He has given us!

But, all that traveling makes us ready for our favorite treat...SHAVED ICE! In college we had this little shaved ice trailer that my best friend Kristen and I would go to in the summer to cool off and have a good long talk. I was shocked to find out that they had my all time favorite flavor...Georgia Peach! It was yummy and we all enjoyed taking a break from the driving!

On Friday, we went to a water park very close to Athens called Point Mallard. I grew up going to this water park...and it has really changed since I was there. The kids were thrilled to be going, and since all the school in Alabama had already started back...we had the place to ourselves!

Anli and Andrew hit the wave pool before it starts!

The girls before the fun starts...little scary I must say.

Andrew literally catching a wave!!!
Everyone loved riding the waves in! The weather was perfect too.

We then headed over to the kiddie area. They loved the water playground and the racing slides!

Anli is the one going down face first on the right...crazy girl!

Allie and Virginia are in a close race...go girls!

The rest of the time we spent on that side of the park was going down this HUGE slide where you could ride a float with 2 people! It was a wild ride...and everyone loved it!

Brooke and Allie enjoying the ride...until the end when we thought we lost Allie! She popped down into the hole of the float. But, Brooke grabbed her before she went into the water below!

After enjoying one side of the park, we got in Joey's truck and headed across the park to the picnic pavilions for a wonderful lunch! We were so hungry from all that fun!

Then we headed over to the tube slides! They were SO much fun! Everyone enjoyed them and we even raced each other going down two different slides and seeing who got to the bottom first!

Virginia won this race against Daddy...go girl!

Sweet Anli! She's loving it here.
The ride Anli spent most of her time on was something called the Space Ball. It was very big, very fast, and very fun! I was a little scared to let her go on it...because she had to go alone, but I finally let her go down after Jay. He was there at the bottom for this...

What a ride! It is this HUGE enclosed slide that is REALLY fast (trust me I went down it before Anli did) and then it opens up to this circular part. It's like a huge toilet...seriously. You go around and around this ball until you finally are sent down this opening into some really cold water! Jay and I both did it first to make sure. Anli LOVED it...and Virginia never thought about going down it. Those are my girls:)
After a wonderful weekend, we had to go home. It was an amazing time with friends that are the closest thing to family! Anli and Andrew were born in seminary about 6 weeks a part from each other. It is awesome to see how close they still are together. They are best friends and we laugh that they are so much alike...they might just end up together one day! But, none of us are ready for that anytime soon!
What a blessing to have those friends that have journey the road for many years alongside you. We are blessed!

3 comments:
I want to ride the big toilet one....looks like a blast!!
Looks like a lot of FUN! Where did our summer go?!?
I love the pics, i am going to want some of those for myself. we had a blast with you guys.
Post a Comment