Once we were completely pruney, we got out and headed to the beach for some sand castles and...
FROGS! I caught this little fella my self for the girls. His name is Hopper...and he is still a state park frog thank goodness!Anli worked to make him a nice boar to ride in!
After some time on the beach the girls found some friends to help them catch fish. They worked very hard...but never caught one. But, they had a wonderful time trying!
Later, we enjoyed a nice picnic in the shade. We were joined by a few yellow jackets that were not invited...but we managed to get most of our lunch down before headed to climb some huge rocks. Then, we happened to find a nice cove with large rocks in the water where we spent about 2 hours. Jay and I found a place in the shade on the banks and the girls enjoyed playing in the water, climbing rocks, and jumping off them into the water below. The breeze was wonderful and we just sat and relaxed together as a family. It was such a calm and enjoyable day.
Days like these continue to convince me that being a mother is the most amazing ministry that God has ever given me. I think because I am traveling more this year and God has been expanding Desert Flower Ministries way beyond my comfort zone...I relish these moments with just the 4 of us so very much. The ministry of being a mom is my most favorite one yet! Nothing even is in the ballpark of being a mom.
We loved this trip to Red Mountain State Park...and loved even more that the whole day cost only $3.00! In this economy, that is a welcomed thing!




1 comment:
Wow...looks like y'all had a great time...what a bargin!!
Post a Comment