Well, I am have been getting up at 5:30am for the past 2-3 weeks and am LOVING IT! But, as I am finding each morning...it's just not enough time! So, for the past week, I have been inching it back to 5:15am. It's been really great and not much harder than 5:30am. But...still not enough time since I am adding some exercise each morning in case I can't make it to my class at Lifetime that day(some days just get too crazy for me to make it up there!).
What has helped in becoming an active member of this crazy, early club? My friend (and worship pastor's wife at our church) Robin emailed me a week ago and asked if we could keep each other accountable...because she too was joining the 5am club! I was THRILLED!!!!
So, each morning we get up and text each other to say that we are up and ready for the day. I can't tell you how much better that is that doing it on your own! It's also really great to get a text that greets me in the Lord and reminds me that my sister is meeting with God too at the same time. Accountability is key!
So, starting tomorrow I will try my very first morning in the 5am club! I really can't even explain how this starts my day, sustains my focus, allows me to spend over an hour with my Father, and get lots of stuff done too...all before my family is every even up...love it!!
Another great thing that I have added to my schedule for the past 3 weeks is a little thing called Minimal Maintenance. I got this idea from the GirlTalk blog (which I just LOVE). Instead of putting aside one day to clean...I do 10 minutes a day. This is so much more manageable and easy than setting aside a block of time in our busy week to clean the house. Also, the house stays nice all week...which thrills my hubby!
So, little by little God is dealing with my diligence issues. He is reminding me that:
"God does not give us the spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline (sound mind in the KJV). " 2 Timothy 1:7
Our Life Group is memorizing that verse this month together...and oh how I need that as my constant reminder. I always am in need of a sound mind, some life-changing power over sin, and a whole lotta love!
How about joining the 5am club? We only have just the 2 members (not including the GirlTalk group) in our little circle...but we are wanting more! If you need a little accountability...we've got that too. Thanks Robin for being my crazy friend in the crazy hours of the morning...you are precious!




No comments:
Post a Comment