This weekend Paula and I headed down to Norman Park, Georgia for the annual Ministers' Wives retreat! This is our 4th year to attend and we love it! We get to hang out with ministers' wives from all over the state and enjoy great worship, Bible study, and LOTS of pampering.
I love getting to hang out with other wives and just enjoy the fellowship of those who understand exactly what our lives are like. Here is a photo of our friends...some old and some new. Amy is in the red shirt and she was my college roommate for 2 years in Auburn! She and her family minister in Columbus and it was wonderful to catch up with her all weekend. We met Nicole (who is a friend of Amy's...and us too now!) and Cheryl. We had such a BLAST together!
We ate all our meals together and went out late on Saturday night in search of a Dairy Queen we never found:( But, we were able to get milkshakes from Chick-fil-A. Then, we went back to our room and talked until 1:30am. Boy, this girl goes to bed at 10pm sharp...so that was one late night for me! But, it was well worth it.

This retreat is all about some pampering! They had two chocolate fountains - white and dark. We munched on lots of dipped goodies and then sat in this comfy couch and just relaxed. Next year...Paula and I...and hopefully another close friend (you know who you are!) will be in charge of this entire retreat next year! Paula and I busily planned all the way home while it was still fresh on our minds.

Now, when I say pampering...I mean it! We had a spa day on Friday and it's amazing. Here Paula and Cheryl show off their footies. They give some of this awesome lotion to put on your feet and then you wrap them up and put them in these footies...that have a warmer and massage! We look like we are headed to Alaska!

They are SUPER comfy...and a little heavy!

While you are getting a foot massage, you are sitting on a back massager with heat and really gets you relaxed. Then, they warm these neck pads and I mean we were in HEAVEN. Not to mention that there are candles, dimmed lights and everything. It truly was a spa experience!

Amy and Nicole relaxing after getting Satin Hands treatments. Yes, they even do a hand treatment on you complete with paraffin!

Then, you head over to the massage area where they have licensed massage therapists to really work to make you relaxed. Well, I have this terrible muscle thing on my right side and she about KILLED me! But, it was wonderful and I can tell she really did something to that area. I have had this injured muscle for over 2 years...and they did the same thing last time I was here. Not much had changed...I guess I should get that looked at one day!
But, this was truly amazing! Yes, it hurt. Yes, she worked on my so hard my neck was pushed into the chair and I about choked! I coughed so loud everyone heard it:) But, it was awesome! She really did amazing work. Everyone loved their time in the massage room!

We had a great time just goofing off!

The theme of these retreats is: Relax, Restore, and Renew. The speakers were great and truly inspiring. We loved worshiping together, laughing, sharing, a growing closer to God this weekend. We can't wait to do this again next year!

No comments:
Post a Comment