Thursday, February 12, 2009

Weekly Fun Times

At least once a month, we head over the Chick-Fil-A for their family night fun activities. Our children eat for FREE and the activities are always FREE too! So, this Tuesday night they had a special Valentine's family night where they could decorate a cookie anyway they wanted! After eating together, we went to decorate a yummy sugar cookie! Just look at those goodies...You can't even see the cookie for all that candy...yummy! Anli never even ate the cookie...she was too full from all the accessories! I can understand that!

Last night at AWANA we had pajama night! Oh, that was my favorite one yet! It was a rainy night and I couldn't wait to put on some comfy pajamas and go to AWANA with my family. The girls actually had pajama day at school today too. I figured since they were going to wear their jammies that night, we might as well enjoy them all day.

We did have to change in to our regular clothes when Daddy called to tell us he was taking us out to Chinese for lunch! It was SOO good and such a sweet surprise on a Wednesday. This place even has a bridge and real Coy fish underneath...all INSIDE! The girls ate and then rushed to watch the fish most of the time.

I am Anli's assistant teacher in AWANA...so that is why I have more photos of her class than Virginia's. So, this week...as they dress up for Spirit Night I will give the camera to Jay and get some cute ones of her friends too!
Aren't my girlies so precious! I absolutely LOVE this group and look forward to Wednesday nights all week. They are really at the age where they "get" why we are doing this and they are so thrilled to memorize and move ahead in their books. I am grateful that Anli wanted me to help with her class. I cherish these years and time with her. Next year, I will try to work with Virginia's class so I can enjoy her class too!

During group time, the girls made Valentine's for their families. They learned that LOVE is from God...1 John 4:7-8! What a lesson for us all this Valentine's day.
Then, in game time...they had to try to stand up only working together with a friend. It was a good lesson in working together! It was a hoot and Mrs. Dawn and I were chosen to be an example...we did pretty good!
As you are preparing Valentine's for family and friends...don't forget the true gift of love given by God to forgive our sins...Jesus Christ!

post signature


No comments: