Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Catching up with Auburn buddies!

This weekend I was blessed to be able to travel to Alabama for a scrapbook weekend with some of my favorite Auburn buddies. We all went to college together and attended the Baptist Campus Ministries together...and we ALL married men in the Baptist Campus Ministries group too! It's kind of scary how many of our friends married in the BSU group...but it makes our reunion times that much more fun...oh the memories!
Shannon and I headed to Alabama a little early to spend the night with our friend Brooke (in the middle) at her parent's home on Lake Logan Martin. It was gorgeous!!! We stayed up WAY too late and never even got to the scrapbooks...or digital books rather. We all just brought out laptops so Brooke and I could work on our blogbooks for last year and Shannon worked on a beach album on Shutterfly...but we never got to those that night and the next day!

We enjoyed time out on their deck overlooking the lake that evening and then talked about God's work in our lives for literally...HOURS! What a blessing to have the bond of Christ defining your friendships!

The next morning we each had time with the Lord feeling the breezes blow, looking at the sunlight glint off the water below, and smelling the sweet fragrance of springtime. It was absolutely perfect! I lingered outside just allowing all my senses to embrace and worship God!

Then, we packed up and headed to Subway for a picnic lunch and then went to a park that was also on the lake. We shared for a few more hours, took some fun and funny pictures, and Shannon got a little tan:)

Then, it was time to head over to the hotel where we were able to get a suite so that we could all have a bed that night. Meredith and Wendy arrived within an hour or so and we all got to work! We ordered pizza and talked...and talked...and talked...and talked. You get the picture! We had three laptops and 2 traditional scrapbooks going on...and lots of pizza and snacks.

Our little pregnant momma, Meredith, was on the floor the whole time we were there! She will be having her little boy in a few short months!
We had such a great time and it was fun to catch up with everyone. Thanks to all our sweet hubbies for taking care of the kids so their wives could steal away for some time with friends! They are the BEST!
I am so blessed with amazing friends whom I share the bond of Christ with and can share openly and honestly. It seems we just pick up where we left off! There are so many more friends that I have this with also...and I look forward to time with them all. But, until then it's good to know we share something that is the same today, yesterday, and forever.

post signature


1 comment:

Cindy J said...

How Fun!! I love the picture of you girls in the flowers. I need to talk to you about scrapbooking sometime.