Today our little girl turns NINE years old...last year in single digits!! I can hardly believe that my baby girl is turning 9! We do parties for the girls every other year and so this year was not her party year. When they don't have a party...they get to do something really special instead with family or a really nice present.
So, this year Virginia wanted to go on a trail ride with horses!!! We thought that sounded like an awesome idea so we called to book it...but then the ice hit and since the ride is an hour and a half in the north Georgia mountains...it wasn't possible to go when we planned. So, we had to postpone her trail ride for another week.
So, since that fell through for her birthday weekend, we invited some of her friends to come over after church today and play, eat cake, and celebrate her day! So...I guess she is kind of getting BOTH this year:)
Every year we make the girls' cakes and try to always do something really fun and creative! Jay and I like a challenge and really...they are pretty easy. So, of course, Virginia wanted a horse cake. So, we found a cute one online that we both liked and got to work last night when I got home from a quick trip to Birmingham.
Family Fun online magazine always has the BEST cakes and I think that almost every one we have ever done has come from them. They are easy and so cute! We sent Virginia to her room to play while we all worked on the cake. It was a huge surprise for her!! But...she couldn't wait until her party so she got a preview last night!

He is just too cute!

A few years ago we made her this birthday shirt with her name on it and "I'm the Birthday Girl" written across it. She wore it this morning to church and looked SO cute with her blue jean skirt and groovy tights...and bow so big she looked like the cutest present in the world!!!!

After church we loaded BOTH of our cars full of little squealing girls and headed to our house for a party!
Anli had a friend over too just to make sure we had fun for both girls! Jay and I just laughed several times at all the squealing, laughing, dancing, and fun those 6 girls had! We LOVE girls around here:)

Happy Birthday to you sweet girl!


Then...it was time for PRESENTS!




One of her friends have her
Blendy Pens and they all got to work making some creative art pictures. Did I say how much I LOVE girls???? Just look at these cutie pies...

Virginia,
You are our precious baby girl! You have the most tender heart of anyone I know. You are quick to help even when we never even ask. You are a wonderfully sweet friend and love people. You have become quite the comedian and make us laugh...a lot:) You think of others and how they are feeling first.
I love how you always ask if you can "snuggle" with us. I look forward to you snuggling with me as I finish my quiet time every single morning. I love how you want to know what I was reading and listen as I read to you. We cherish your hugs and your sweet smile. You touch our hearts in a very tender way and we can't even imagine a moment without you in our lives.
You are SO smart!!! You are a whiz at math and just about everything else too! You still love video games and reading. You are ahead in your school work for your grade and can do so many things well. You are creative, you dance beautifully (wanting to make it to pointe class!), you love to draw and paint and almost anything else in the arts and crafts.
You are a treasure. You are a blessing. You are amazing and generous. You are quick to give every single penny you have to those in need. You donated your hair to Locks of Love and knew exactly why you wanted to do that. You are a hard worker and a JOY to every minute of our lives.
We are honored to be your parents. We can't wait to see where God will take you this year and how He will mold you!
Happy Birthday precious girl! You are a gift!
Love,
Mommy and Daddy

2 comments:
What a great cake!!! Perfect for her!!
Lily had a great time at the party...thanks for including her!
Hope the rest of Virginia's day was fabulous!! :)
Great job on the cake! It looks awesome1 Happy Birthday, Virginia!
Post a Comment