Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day Card from God...

Well...I wrote this post...wasn't sure I would post it...decided not to post it...sent it my friends because I HAD to share...got emails asking me why I didn't post it...had hubby give me all sorts of convicting talking to...now I'm posting it:)

I didn't post because we are waiting on God in our journey...and that is not all to popular in life or the adoption community. God specifically told us to wait on an Isaac fulfilment (God's timing in God's way) instead of an Ishmael one(making it happen our own way in our right now mentality). That is what we are doing...so Jay asked why I was afraid to post this.

He told me what I already knew...we are ones who are ready and willing and yet waiting. Is that YOU today? It's me today. I pray that I might be an encouragement that God is active and allows you to THRIVE in the waiting!!! Waiting has such a negative reputation especially in the adoption communtiy. And Satan has let that keep me from sharing what GOD is doing for those of us who have not adopted or can not adopt or are waiting on God's Isaac timing to adopt. My husband and friends helped to flush that fear out of me today!

So...fellow waiting friends who are waiting for spouses, jobs, wayward children to return, to get that positive pregnancy test, for healing of a friend of cancer, or to bring a promise home...I walk beside you. Let's not just get'er done! Let's journey together in FAITH in the God of Isaac...our precious and MIGHTY promise keeper and lover of our souls!!

Perhaps it just might look different than you could ever THINK or IMAGINE!! It seems to be the way He is answering all our prayers..and to tell you the truth...the spirit of adoption is something we can be a part of every single day. After all...it is the Gospel message...about His Son and our redemption!

Here's my post...

Today is Mother's Day. I am so incredibly grateful to my gracious
Father for my sweet girls! He has blessed me beyond measure by these
two beautiful gifts. I also have two God kiddos...both living in
Uganda...Esceza (age 7) and Isaac (age 19). I am among the most
blessed of all women!!! Thank You sweet Father.

For months I thought that I would be celebrating Mother's Day with a
two year old little fella from Africa. But, in God's perfect timing
and His allowing some physical issues, Embassy Issues, and other things into our lives
we have had closed doors (for today!!!!).

Truthfully, I hadn't had time to even think about the fact it is
Mother's Day and we had thought we would have another little one in
our home. I hurried about my morning getting ready for church,
teaching Life Group, and then rushing to the preschool area for
extended session.

I was visiting with my sweet friend...and up walks in a woman with a
beautiful African accent (Ethiopian) and her two year old little boy.
His name was Nathaniel ( I have just been studying about Nathaniel in
John!!!) and he was so sad about his momma leaving to go to church.

We were on the playground and I scooped him up an held him close. He
cried, cried, and cried...most of the time we were outside. We sat
together in the sunshine in the dirt and I just held him. I talked to
him, soothed him, and held his little hand.

My eyes filled with tears and fell down my face. God just said to
me..."I know...and I care. I know your heart and your desires and I
want you to know on Mother's Day that I love you enough to send a
little bit of Africa to you today."

How precious!!! It was like a little Mother's Day card from my
Father...who knew how to touch my heart though I was too busy to even
think about it. What an amazing God!!

I don't know where your heart is today...but I know that your precious
Father does! He loves us more than we could think or imagine. He knows
the deep recesses of our hearts and minds and He really does care!

He continues to bring Africa to our lives...but without bringing it
home to our house. He knows best and He knows the whole story...and
it's not about me but about His glory!

What a blessed Mother's Day! Rejoicing in the love and care of my
children and my amazing Heavenly Father!!! Happy Mother's Day!



post signature

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Thank you for sharing! Ms. Dorothy always says that we need to share with others our God moments. It's so important for other to hear about the work that he is doing in our lives! Your post brought tears to my eyes. Sending you a big hug!

Donna said...

How nice it is to be reminded that HE has everything already worked out for us :)