Thursday, May 20, 2010

PERFECT weather for the BEACH!

The next day was PERFECT! It was in the 80s...warm enough to swim and ride waves and relax in the sun...yet not hot enough to sweat! It was absolutely perfect...and these photos tell it!

I grew up going to both the Gulf and the Atlantic. My extended family owned 2 condos at the Litchfield Inn and everyone would gather once a year as kind of a family reunion. So, I grew up riding wild waves and loving every minute of it!

Anli has always been an adventure seeker and she would ride waves in with me when she was just a little thing. But, Virignia was gripped with fear at those big waves. So, little by little I would get her on a float and ride in with her. Then, I would "find" a little wave for her to ride in by herself! And now...my baby girl was riding those waves on a boogie board all by herself! I was SO proud of my baby girl and watching her "find" her own wave and ride it in...well, pictures are worth all my words!


And this big surfer girl...I can hardly take how grownie she is! She's almost 11...and I just love these photos that capture by big girl!






After the surf...it was time to hit the sand for some creative art time:) Every year the girls LOVE for us to bury them and create them into something. Well, Virginia always wants to be a mermaid...and Anli wanted to be a turtle. We all pitched in and they turned out so CUTE!





Then...it was time to run and wash off! Grammy was waiting and had found the long sought after...SAND FLEAS! Oh, I used to catch these as a little girl and my own girls loved it just as much! It made for many trip back and forth to show us their friends!


Then, it was time to hit the water parks to get all that sand out of our swim suits and to relax for a while. That lazy river was the BEST! We would just relax and let it do the work:)

This photo...cracks. me. up!
Day 3 - PERECT!

post signature

No comments: