Today marks the long awaited day that we are finally debt free! I mean really debt free. We don't have a house payment, car payment, credit cards, loans...we are completely debt free! We are very grateful to God that He has shifted His money into our account to continue to loosen the strings here in the United States. We want to stay completely movable and debt free so that we are ready to go anywhere anytime He asks us to! What a true blessing from our generous heavenly Father. We have done nothing to earn this money...it's all His and we just want to be obedient.
We have worked towards this end for many years, but now finally we sat together as we sent off the last payment on our car and other minor debts and thanked God alone for this miracle. He has provided and we are grateful.
We pray that your weekend is wonderful and you are enjoying God through your family time and your rest. Enjoy a true Sabbath tomorrow...and every day!




1 comment:
Congratulations! That is quite an accomplishment!!! That must feel freeing! It must be nice to know that nothing is holding you down and that you are free to go as God calls you.
Michael Whitlark's wife, Amy, gave me your blog address a couple of months ago because she thought I would enjoy it, and I have been following it ever since. Michael has been my husband's friend since the mid 1990s. My husband Jeremy attended Auburn for a few years and actually lived with Michael in Atlanta for several years before going to Honduras as a missionary. I ended up going to Honduras also once we got married in 2001. We've been back in the States since 2003, but we still have a heart for missions. My husband has made several short-term trips since then and prayerfully will continue to do so.
I have a blog too. You can find it in my profile as well as my e-mail address. I would love to meet you guys sometime. We may have seen you at Michael and Amy's wedding, but I don't know if we actually met you. (My husband was in the wedding.) We are going to be moving back to Atlanta once we sell our house in South Carolina, so prayerfully we will be near you guys soon! You have a beautiful family, and I thank you for allowing God to use you through your blog. I have been blessed!
By the way, keep letting us know how homeschooling is going because I am interested in that academy you're using. My son is only 17 months old, so I still have some time to do research before I pick a homeschool curriculum or academy.
We made a decision several years ago to homeschool, and I am looking forward to it.
Have a wonderful Sunday!
Marianna
Post a Comment