Yesterday we went to the orthodontist for Virginia (yes, I know it seems like she is seeing a lot of doctors this week!) because our dentist said that she had a class 3 under bite and cross bite. So, we went to see Dr. Jordan who came highly recommended by our friends. We found out that she has to have an expander to try to open up her bite and hopefully shift her jaw forward in the process.
She will have this for 6 months...and I have to learn to turn the expander 2 times a day for two weeks...yuck! But, hopefully this will fix the problem and we won't have to do anything else. If it doesn't she'll have to get a headgear to wear every night. Those of you who have had headgears know it's not the most fun thing to put on at night!
He also noticed that she has a speech issue due to her mouth problems. So, once that is fixed he believes she will need to go to speech classes to teach her how to make the sounds correctly again.
Keep us in prayer as Virginia does NOT want this in her mouth...she is really unsure and a little scared. Dr. Jordan was wonderful, but she's nervous. We have been praying with her about it and she knows that God is there for her to talk to about it. I can't imagine parenting without an amazing God!
We are attending Noonday...and loving it! One Sunday we were talking about parenting in our Life Change class. As I sat there and listened...I couldn't even imagine what parents do if they don't have a relationship with the ultimate Father. Each day I think about the fact that I am in charge of two HUMANS...not rabbits, not gerbils, not pet rocks...HUMANS! That blows my mind! God has placed two amazingly precious people in my home for me to care for each day. If I think about it too long...I would run far, far away convinced that God made a huge mistake.
But, I have a perfect Father that gently tells me what to do and how to parent these lovely girls. Without Him and His wisdom...I would be sunk...and so would they! I don't know how people take on the amazing task of parenting without God. It is beyond comprehension! I am so grateful today as we are making decisions about dental work, skin cancer, school work, dinner, what to watch on TV, etc. that God is guiding our family...not Jay and I. If you are a parent today...surrender your own agenda and get on board with God's. He knows just how to mold and direct those precious creatures called children in your home...He created them!! Enjoy the leadership of God in your home today...I know I am!




1 comment:
I had an expander contraption like that when I had braces. You get use to it. I think the explaination and concept of it seems a lot worse than the actually process. It'll be sore-- but it's not moving a huge space fast. It'small. We'll be praying for her.
Post a Comment