Wednesday, March 26, 2008

The Girls Are Back!!!


Well, after a wonderful weekend with Jay's parents and family, the girls are back with us! They came home on Monday evening and we were crazy busy yesterday with Bible study, a yummy homemade meatball sub dinner, and a trip to Bruester's for ice cream! Welcome home my precious girlies!

I will post photos of their fun as soon as I get some from Jay's family...I can't wait myself to see how much fun I have heard they had this weekend! Their Grammy and Granpa said this was one of the most special times they had with the girls. I am so glad...because everyday is that special for me and it's great that they got to have them for a weekend.

Jay and I managed to survive all alone! It was a great weekend! Jay worked on Friday, so I spent the afternoon running errands and doing some shopping. Then, we met for a yummy dinner at Ruby Tuesdays (love the salad bar) and then Jay surprised me by taking me to get my very own GPS system for the car. He was worried about the traveling that I have been doing with Desert Flower Ministries, so he wanted to ensure that I knew where I was going!!!
Well, it took most of the evening to compare and shop, but it was heaven for Jay. He loves tech gadgets and so I just let him have at it! Once we figured out the one we wanted...we can't believe we ever traveled without one! I know lots of my friends already have one and can totally agree with us. Well, Jay even got online and downloaded my own personal red minivan!!! It's awesome!! What a mighty good man.

On Saturday, I surprised HIM with a cooking class at Salud in Harry's Whole Foods. It was a 4 hours hands on cooking class. We had a professional chef who taught us amazing knife skills, sauteing tricks, pan sauce secrets and then we cooked an entire 4 course meal ourselves! We had so much fun and met some great people! And the meal...I can't even describe how good it was! Jay and I had a BLAST and then a chef inspired meal too!
Jay and Chef Samantha making the homemade broth for the soup!

Here is the vegetable soup our team was in charge of making! We had a wonderful salad, goat cheese bruschetta, vegetable soup, crusted chicken with mushroom sauce, and a molten cake! We all divided up into team to make all the parts of the meal and then sat down together to enjoy!

On Sunday, we were so blessed by the time of celebration at our church...have I told you how much we love Noonday...I know I have! Sunday was just amazing and it was so sweet to have such a time of celebration, but I confess I missed my girls being with us on that day. We left and ate a yummy lunch at Red Lobster and then changed clothes to hike at Kennesaw Mountain.
The weather was great and the hike was...steep! We decided on the 2-4 mile hike and we had a great time! We took Pacey along and he loved getting to get out in the woods and sniff around like a true hound dog. On Monday, my sweet husband took me back to Harry's and we shopped for those wonderful organic fun things that Publix and Kroger don't have! It was a treat!
Here we are finally at the top overlooking Atlanta! It was beautiful and a little windy!

The cannons were neat and we learned a little too.

Whew...it was a whirlwind of a weekend! But, everyone had a blast and Jay and I nearly trampled each other to get down the stairs as his parent's car turned into our complex! We were so glad to have them home...it's just not a complete home without those two!

We're on our Spring Break this week since the girls have been away and missed Monday school. So, today the girls never got out of the PJ's...until we have to get ready for church tonight...that's OK with me! They needed a veg out day after all the fun they had this weekend.

No comments: