Well, this week we had all kinds of fun and freaky events! On Thursday night we were able to meet some college, seminary, and ministry friends at the classic Atlanta restaurant, The Varsity. We enjoyed catching up with them over greasy onion rings and hot dogs.

They are in the process of planting a church with the North American Mission Board in Wisconsin. We had planned to go to play at Centennial Park...but the Men's Southeastern Conference was going on downtown and it was a zoo! So, our evening was cut a little short but it was still great to have our kids hanging out together and getting to catch us on what God is doing in our lives. I had my camera for a cute kid shot...but as I was about to take the picture...batteries went out!!! UGGG!!!

On Friday night, we went to see Horton Hears A Who with the girls. As we have been on our new blessing and consequence system for about a month now, we have been setting goals each week and if the girls can reach that goal they get a treat! So, the treat this week was Horton Hears A Who! It was a great movie and we had lots of popcorn. We love going to the movies, but it's so expensive (even for a matinee) that we reserve it for really good family films. This one really did deliver!
On Saturday we were supposed to go to Birmingham to visit my family for Easter. But, on Friday night I got a call that my grandmother is back in the ICU with congestive heart failure. She is doing better, but we couldn't go while she was in ICU. So, we stayed here and we now know why God didn't want us on the road Saturday...


God is good! We are so thankful that we weren't on the road on Saturday in the midst of that!
Sunday was an amazing day of worship. I had been asked to share a testimony during our leadership commitment service last Saturday night. Our pastor asked me to share it again this Sunday in both services. I really enjoyed getting to go to part of our 9:30am service and share. It was a blessing to see new faces and to share with both services. We are weekly blessed by our church. It is not often that a family in ministry gets to visit and attend a church. It is such a wonderful experience and I pray that if you are not in a church...that you would seek God's guidance in finding one to worship with each Sunday! You are missing out!
Lastly, though Jay and I both had meetings yesterday afternoon for Sunday school, we had about an hour to enjoy the wonderful weather outside at Starbucks. Now that the weather is warming up we are back to weekly "dates" to Starbucks to enjoy the cool drinks. Jay got their new sweet tea...AMAZING! It is a their Awake tea with sugar and it is the BEST. It does have a good deal of caffeine in it which we are not used to at all...but well worth the buzz!
Sorry about the lack of personal pictures...but since my camera was dead I don't have anything fun to share. I will have some tomorrow from our indoor egg hunt this weekend too!



No comments:
Post a Comment