Friday, March 28, 2008

Nicki Update

Here is the email I received today. Please pray for their family and those two precious little girls in her tummy!

FRIDAY, MARCH 28, 2008 11:22 AM, EDT
We had a setback last night. Nicki began having contractions around 7:00 pm and she was moved to labor and delivery. The contractions were about2 minutes apart. The doctors gave a pain medication that often slows contractions and started an I.V. drip of fluids. This worked for an hour or so and the contractions increased again. The next step was to use magnesium. This is given through I.V. and has dramatically slowed the contractions but the side effect is that it makes Nicki feel horrible. We are really just sitting and praying that the babies get comfortable again and the cervix will stop contracting. We are 23 weeks and 1 day. We need to hold off for a few more weeks to have a good fighting chance. I appreciate all of your prayers, cards, flowers, candy (which I have devoured, thanks alot). We do ask for a while that Nicki has no visitors or calls. When she is back to her old self we can have the open door policy again. If you would like an update you can email me or call me with any questions. There is nothing that anybody can really do right now but pray for our family. I will try to update this as often as possible throughout our ordeal.
Thanks again,
Steve Hunt
Please, please pray for our precious friends. They mean the world to us and it is so hard to know how she is suffering.

We know that God is so good and that He is working for good. That is the comfort we have during troubled times.

We love you Hunt family and are counting the moments until you are at Northside...









1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I said a prayer for them and will continue to do so. Please keep us updated!
Cindy J