Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Ladies' Bible Study!

Today I was blessed to start sharing my study with our Ladies' Bible Study today! It was a wonderful time of sharing and fellowship as they ended their previous study and started mine. I loved being able to look out and see generations of ladies in the same room! That was a treat!

God has been amazing over the past few weeks. We are still praying about our decision concerning the IMB, and we have received some "words" of encouragement and challenge. We feel as though we see where God is leading, but still remain in prayer together each day. Thanks for those who are joining us on this journey of prayer and faith.

God has not only been blessing, but disciplining me also. I am so grateful for that! It's not easy, but it's during those times of discipline that we see the heart of our loving Father so clearly. I am so grateful that God loves me and calls me His child today!

I pray that you can say that. If you are not undergoing discipline at any times in your life...meditate on this passage with me:

And you have forgotten that word of encouragement that addresses you as sons:
"My son, do not make light of the Lord's discipline, and do not lose heart when he rebukes you, because the Lord disciplines those he loves, and he punishes everyone he accepts as a son." Endure hardship as discipline; God is treating you as sons. For what son is not disciplined by his father? If you are not disciplined (and everyone undergoes discipline), then you are illegitimate children and not true sons." Hebrews 12:5-8

I love that this word about discipline is "encouragement that addresses you as sons". I am so grateful that I am a child of God today. Yes, I undergo discipline on a daily basis. I am so full of self, pride, and every other thing you could think of...I'm sure I've got that too! But, when God takes precious time to discipline me, I feel the love and grace of my Father. I reminds me moment by moment that I need a savior. That I would be bound for hell without Him.

I pray today that you are undergoing discipline daily! I pray that you can see how God is changing you and molding you into the outline of His son Jesus. I pray that you are thankful and joyful...though we never make light of the discipline. But, we can be thankful and full of the joy of a child loved and forgiven by grace.

No comments: