Friday, March 27, 2009

Is it already that time?

This summer, both of our girls are planning to go to camp (for only 2 nights...that is)! This camp is put on by the WMU every year and has several different weeks of camps for all ages and time frames. The most important thing to us, as parents, is that this camp focuses on missions, growing closer to God, and meeting new friends who desire those same things in their lives!


But...that means that my girls will be gone for a few days BY THEMSELVES! Virginia is still thinking it over and hasn't decided for sure...but really wants to go! The camp that they girls will attend is not very long...but long enough for this momma!

I'm already thinking about who will make sure they have on lots of sunscreen, bug spray, vitamins, water bottles for hikes...yes, I know...it's a sickness really. I know that they will barely be away for 48 hours total, but this is a BIG step for the girls...and their parents!

We are excited to have such a wonderful place (close to home) that they girls can spend with friends learning all about missions from real missionaries, cultures and crafts from around the world, swim, paddle boat, hike, sing and dance, make crafts, and eat good 'ol camp food!

I went to my first church camp around this age myself and it was for a whole WEEK. I had a blast and never once missed my family, because I was having so much fun! I know this will be true for my Anli girl, but I really hope Virginia has the same amount of fun if she decides to go too.

The next camp that I went to when I was just one year older than Anli was for TWO WHOLE WEEKS and it was the BEST! I have such wonderful memories of going to girls' camps and I am excited for my girls to have those same experiences too...with a missions emphasis!


We are already getting jam packed for our summer! We have our VBS, Families on Mission week where Jay is the camp pastor, Missions camp for the girls, a family wedding on the beautiful Isle of Palms in Hilton Head for several day so fun on the beach, and the girls annual trip to NC with Jay's family...whew! We won't be around much this summer, but it will be really fun!

post signature

1 comment:

Brooke said...

We are also attending missions camp this summer! Alora and I are going together to a mother daughter camp in june. It is in Cook Springs. Very exciting!