Monday, March 30, 2009

Easter Lilies!

Today we took some time to get ready for Resurrection Day! I found this amazing craft in my favorite Family Fun magazine and the girls really loved it. We made "hand" made Easter Lilies for my mom. We will be making several more sets for other loved ones...including ME!
We began by tracing the girls' hand print onto white card stock. It needs to be card stock so that it will stand up and curl. We cut out the prints and then we worked on the stems and petals.We traced out some petals and punched a hole in the center. Then, we rolled up green construction paper for the stems (the magazine said to use a straw, but we didn't have any). Anli works diligently on the petals and the stems.
Then, we curled the fingers of the hands and then taped it together to make a beautiful lilies! We just rolled some yellow tissue to make the stamen (but you could also use pipe cleaners...again...didn't have those either). I was truly amazed at how wonderful they turned out! I am so thrilled to have flowers that will LAST and it's even better that they are the hands of my precious girls!!

Am I blessed or what?

post signature


3 comments:

Brooke said...

So awesome!

The Baughns said...

i love this idea - i'm definently stealing it!!

Michelle said...

This was suppose to be our craft on Tuesday and I still have not done it with the girls!!