Monday, February 8, 2010

Another year...a wonderful birthday celebration!

Since my birthday is today...on a Monday...we decided to celebrate it ALL weekend:) I had a WONDERFUL time every single minute!! On Friday I was surprised (after I was told to go and shop and enjoy my day!) with a daisy cupcake cake! It was the cutest thing ever!!!


Then, I was sung an original birthday song by the girls!

When Jay asked me what I wanted to do for my birthday...I told him I wanted to relax in my jammies with my family ALL day long! If you know me, being in my pjs is the best time of every day. So, one of my first gifts from everyone was this awesome tea cup. It says
"I love a stay-in-your jammies kind of day!"
There couldn't be a cup that expresses my thoughts more clearly:)

I was treated to a yummy cup of tea in my new cup...and at the bottom is the cutest little bunny slipper! Made me smile every sip:)


The only thing I wanted for my birthday is my OWN blanket that was red and super cozy. I look so forward to cuddling up in this chair every morning to have my "gathering time" with the Lord...but I was missing a blanket!
Anli made me a "summer" blanket!



I also got the first set of my favorite movies that are from the books by Janette Oake. They are a wonderful Christian set of movies set in the old west...I just LOVE them!!!

Then...the blanket! Y'all. This thing is AMAZING!!!

So, I spent all of Saturday like this...

I looked a little like Mrs. Clause...but I tell ya...this was the BEST way to spend a birthday EVER! I have traveled a lot doing retreats the past few weeks and have several more coming up, so I treasured every single moment at home with my family, my new blanket, my tea cup, and some wonderful movies!
Tonight, some of my buddies wanted to come over and spend a night in their jammies with me eating dessert and hanging out:) Sounds like another cozy night to me!
36 isn't starting off so bad after all!!

post signature


1 comment:

Mary said...

Happy Birthday, Girl! I hope you have had a FABULOUS day! :)