On Monday's family night we worked on our new Valentine's project! I have LOVED having something hanging on my pantry door to keep us connected, intentional, and focused on God. It has kind of become our "hub" and I had begun to miss it since we took down the Jesse Tree. So, I thought of an idea to help us focus on showing love and encouragement this month...
We began with some really groovy fabric that made us all happy! Then, Virginia helped me to hot glue some pom pom trim to the end...'cuz everyone loves a little pom pom!
Then, dad and Anli worked on making it ready to hang. As you can see...I couldn't find my dowel rod (I think we packed it up with the Jesse Tree)...so we made do with a yard stick! My hubby is quite creative in a pinch:)
Then, we cut out pink hearts from felt and hot glued them onto our runner of fabric. We did not glue them all the way around because the hearts are really big pockets...of encouragement.
Here is the finished product!! I *LOVE* it so very much!!
We each have a pocket that any of us can leave encouraging noted in all month long!! Jay made our name tags on the computer and I laminated them and put Velcro on the back.




No comments:
Post a Comment