Thursday, May 15, 2008

Fun with insomnia!

Well, I have to tell you that I have insomnia. I had a full hysterectomy about 3 years ago and one of my side effects from that was insomnia. It's not fun...and the other night I had one of my worst nights ever!

So, I have had a lack of posting because my day yesterday was so thrown off that I didn't sit down to have my time with the Lord until later that day! OK, for those who know me...that is NOT me. I have to fill my cup to the brim with my Lord every day...or I am not a pretty thing to be around. I am one needy girlfriend!

I longed so hard to be with God and it just doesn't work without Him. I'm hooked on Him. I can't breathe well without Him and His Word. He amazing! He's everything! He's the love of my life...but Satan knows where to hit me.

So, I will be claiming my evenings for Christ...does that sound kooky to you? Well, what I mean is that I am going to be not only starting my day with God...but I need to end my day in the Word and on my knees.

This passage was brought back to mind today...
"But his delight is in the law of the LORD, and on his law he meditates day and night. "
Psalm 1:2.

If I can't sleep...I can pray! I can end my day with the Word of God resting on me and the Lord's voice singing over me...now that's one "natural" sleep remedy that can't go wrong!

post signature

2 comments:

Mary said...

I hope last night was better for you...I did pray that you would sleep!!

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

I suffer from insomnia...have for years! I really like this post. It resonates with something I started to do a few years back. Each night as I settle down for what will more thank likely be a fitful night of rest, I open God's Word to read a favorite story/passage of scripture. I place myself within the scene and saturate my mind with creative thinking.

Many a night, I drift off to sleep pondering that story...

I love going to sleep with God's Word on my mind. Makes for a more restful night.

peace~elaine