Saturday was a crazy, busy day! I had a ladies' event at Mount Pisgah that was awesome! God really came and met with us in such a sweet and intimate way. The ladies were so honest and open. We had fun playing some fun games and then digging into the Word together. There were tears and joy all at the same time. There were several "seekers" in the group and there was time for their small groups to share the Gospel with them! God allowed me to sit with a group and share the wonderful news of salvation with a lady that morning...that's always the coolest!
I came home for about an hour and then it was time for our Sunday School fellowship at our apartment's recreation area. We had the best weather and a great crowd. I'll share more about that tomorrow when I have downloaded the photos...I forgot my camera so someone sent me photos that I have to go through and download. Haven' had a chance to do that yet!
Then, my buddy Mary and I met some other friends at Chastian Park Ampitheatre for the Duran Duran concert! Oh, yes...they are still around and going strong! The tickets were given to us FREE by my friends' the Longs and on the 10th row...amazing seats! We had an absolute BLAST! We laughed until we were bent over crying. Imagine old 80's children (yes I count myself in that category too) jamming to hits like "Hungry like the wolf", "The Reflex", "Rio", and many more. Mary and I thought we would only know about 3 hits...being those I just named. But, in true 80's fashion we knew all but 4, since you never knew who sang what...you just knew all the words! The theme of the evening was..."Oh, I KNOW this song!"
We laughed so hard because at one point the Robot dance was being done by an "older" lady near us! Yep, nothing like a good 80's concert to take you back to middle school days. The cutest thing was the family in front of us who brought their 4 year old and 8 year old. The 8 year old boy was singing at the top of his lungs during the songs! How cute!
There were comb overs, sequined outfits, mock turtlenecks, mohawks, and lots and lots of old people dancing like it's 1999 (no Duran Duran doesn't sing that one).
Here is a clip Mary put together. So, all you 80's children out there...enjoy!






1 comment:
Looks like you girls had alot of fun! Too bad we missed the outing Tina K invited us, but we had baseball.
Post a Comment