Last night was costume night at Awana! The girls and I had a great time trying to figure out what they wanted to dress up like. Virginia decided on this precious scarecrow costume! It was a treasure passed down in my family and has been among our most favorite dress up costumes.

Anli started out wanting to be "Fawn" from the new Tinkerbell movie. Our daddy was so sweet to stop by Wal-Mart on Tuesday which was the very first day it came out for us to watch during our family night! We popped popcorn and enjoyed seeing our girls enjoy this movie staring Anli's favorite princess TINK! It's about time she had her own movie!!!
But, back to the costumes...Fawn dresses in all brown...not very exciting. But, we did head over to the Goodwill yesterday to try to find something that could pass as Fawn attire. All we could come up with was a lot of brown! So, I remembered that I had bought this clown costume (for myself) years ago and it had a fan in it that would blow the costume up to be big and fat! I thought it would be hysterical on Anli...and I was right!!

SHE IS HYSTERICAL!!! Look how fat by mere 50lb 9 year old look in this costume! We had the hat and the nose from our trip to the circus in February...so it went perfectly! We were sold.

I could eat that sweet little thing up! She looks absolutely precious...don't you think?

Look at that clown! She has the amazing personality to carry off a red nose, baggy pants, and a huge hat...that' my Anli!

Jay had NO idea what they were dressing like until we showed up in the parking lot last night. He and I laughed until we cried...literally! And my hubby? He dressed up like a children's minister! He's not into the dress up thing...I thought HE should have worn the clown costume. But, alas it was not to be. He was content to be the proud father of two adorable girls last night!
We are so looking forward to our fall festival on Friday night! They will be sporting these again and enjoying lots of games, candy, and face painting! I can't wait either...
No comments:
Post a Comment