I have yet another resource to share about today that I find wonderful for daily devotional time with the girls and for myself. I was searching for a daily scripture for the girls to memorize and then have just a very simple explanation and application. That is hard to find! There are lots of devotionals, but they are either too fluff or too long or too little scripture!
So, I finally found this little book called "Jesus Wants All of Me." It is based on the daily writings of "My Utmost for His Highest" by Oswald Chambers. It has a scripture for the girls to memorize and think on all day long...while giving just a very simple application or explanation.
Now for the coolest part of all...it coincides directly with the adult version "My Utmost for His Highest"! Our verses are the same, yet our thoughts are a bit deeper...obviously. But, it is a great way to get the family on the same page studying the same scriptures and helping each other to remember it all day long! I love it!
So, if you are looking for a VERY simple, yet scripture based daily devotion for your young children (like 5-8) then this is research. I also am glad that it is by a trusted source for me. When it comes to my kids...I'm pretty picky!
Just a thought to share...and for me to remember what we were doing daily at this age.





No comments:
Post a Comment