Yesterday was filled with some really cool moments...God moments! The first one was truly just awesome!! Several months ago I shared that we had ordered the Kids on Mission DVDs for our family to watch each week. These DVDs share what God is doing in different parts of the world and the missionary families that are serving there. They always try to focus on the missionary kids since the audience are young people.
Well, last night our video segment was called "For Russia with Love." I was excited because now since Women of Hope I actually KNOW people who have and are now still serving God in Russia. So, we all gather on the bottom bunk of the girls' beds and start the video. As we get further into the video I am truly thrilled to be sharing a little bit of what I saw and heard with my girls.
Then, they spotlight a family...and it is the leader of the Russia portion of the team I just went with!!! I saw the mom and KNEW it must be Robin! So, I could scarcely watch the rest of the video at all because I was freaking out that her sweet family was our Kids on Mission video. I emailed her last night for confirmation (it was filmed when her kids were teens...now one is 27) and she emailed back that it was! How cool is God? I love moments like that!!!

Then last night, Jay and I started a new couple's devotion book called "Tying the Knot Tighter: Because Marriage Last a Lifetime." We got our cups of steaming hot tea, curled up on the couch, and read our book. It's set up to read a very short chapter and then questions to talk about at the end. It was awesome! I highly recommend it to any couple desiring to grow and share together.
The first chapter was basic about putting God first in your life...so that it fills your marriage, so I though we might not have that much to discuss since it was pretty straightforward. But, we talked for almost an hour over the questions. We also worked to keep it focused on our marriage and not about the kids...that's for Tuesday nights when we work through Shepherding a Child's Heart. We had the Bible study version with a little workbook, so we are working through this book again.
It's really more about making time each day to really talk together a priority. We discussed how 45 minutes a day together is just a must. We need scheduled focused time to really turn everything off and just talk...and have the "talk" centered around God. We want to invest in our marriage so that it will daily be more of a picture of Christ and His relationship with His Church.
You don't have to get a babysitter, spend lots of money, or even get dressed up! After your kids go to bed...make spending just a few minutes together a priority...we are being blessed by it and so will you!
And finally, yesterday my husband printed out and brought home the tickets to Wicked! I can't wait...it's only about 2 1/2 more weeks until we will be there! I am so looking forward to a night out with my hubby.




1 comment:
God is at work all around-- I am actually praying right now about if this is the "right time" for me to be going to Russia in May on a short term mission trip!! For 7 years I have wanted to go so bad but the past 5 years have either been pregnant or had a small infant. I'm waiting on God to see what he says. Every where I look--things about Russia are popping up.
Post a Comment