Monday, March 2, 2009

Oh no...

On Sunday morning, I woke up feeling TERRIBLE! I was achy, had a fever, and cough. It came from out of nowhere! I quickly made a call for my Life Group and then scribbled out some instructions for someone to lead for me...very last minute.

Jay was just about to wake the girls up when they stumbled in looking like I felt. They were burning up and coughing like crazy. We all battled headaches, no appetite, and fevers all day. I just had the feeling we had the flu.

So, I knew that there is only a 48 hour window to get the meds that stop the virus from replicating so you kick it much faster. So, we loaded up today and took the girls to the Dr. They did the flu test...and it should have had to set for 10 minutes. Dr. Heaven checked it after 4 minutes and they were CRAZY positive!!! She looked me over and told me I better head myself over to my doctor today...ASAP.

We all are in the bed now and as long as we are on Motrin or Tylenol, we feel OK...but the minute that stuff wears off...we feel like death. We are on strict rest for a week and so we will not be going anywhere the rest of the week. The way I feel right now...that sounds just fine!

My sweet husband had to be at church ALL day yesterday and texted me all day to check in. It was a little hard to care for the girls like I wanted to feeling as bad as I felt but we managed. Today, he stayed home all day to care for us and has done a wonderful job.

I have never had the flu in my life! I hope you don't get it either!!


post signature

3 comments:

Brooke said...

I am so sorry. I remember two years ago when all four of us had it around Christmas and the church came and Christmas carolled our house because we could not come out. It was awful. I hope you all feel much better soon.

Mary said...

Girl....I HATE this for you! Did y'all get Tamiflu? I sure hope so. Let me know if there is anything I can do for you guys. I'll miss seeing you tomorrow. So, so, so sorry!

Drink plenty of fluids, take lots of Motrin (I think it is better than Tylenol), rest, and give Jay a big can of Lysol. Love you....

Cindy J said...

Yuck!!! It is never fun to be sick, but its especially bad when your babies are sick too!! I will be praying for you guys. Please let me know if I can help out in any other way.