Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Adoption Update

Many of you have sweetly prayed and asked how our adoption is going and if we have any idea when we are going to be matched with a referral (child). I do have a little update to share that we received a few weeks ago...but I had forgotten to update.

Due to new requirements about exit health exams, birth certificates, and a few other details...Amani has decided very wisely to get everything that they can get finished and finalized before they match families with their little ones. It's a WONDERFUL idea to us!

So, at this time there are little ones for the 6 waiting families already at the baby cottage. They are undergoing doctor visits, x-rays, paper work for their birth certificates, and getting several different forms finalized. THEN...we will get that call!

This is wonderful news, we feel. They desire for us to not wait as long with that photo and name in our minds. It's just so much harder that way they are finding...and I KNOW it would be harder for me. We are so grateful for how Amani is handling this and we will GLADLY wait as long as the Lord decides.

Have I emailed and wondered if I should go ahead and get those Thanksgiving cards ordered and sent out? Yes. We do Thanksgiving cards in order to forgo all the chaos in December...and we just LOVE Thanksgiving too! But, there is no way to know if that match will come through before cards go out...even though we may just wait until the very last moment and see if it happens in December!

So, we are so grateful to the Lord that these things are happening...but of course we are excited and desire to get that call any day! But, we all have such peace and are ENJOYING every single day as it is the one the Lord has made. We are rejoicing in it! I don't want to look back and have gotten so focused on the goal that I miss the journey along the way. We know He is preparing us all...including our little one! His timing is absolutely AWESOME!

The only other thing that we know is that Amani is no longer accepting applications for adoption right now. They are going to take time right now to focus on the families they have going through the process...and there are not any babies that are eligible for adoption either!

They have had SO MANY people contact them for adoption...that they don't have enough babies...PRAISE GOD!!!!!!!!

Thanks for your continued prayers and love and support!


post signature

No comments: