So, since the start of the school year we have been working on a new strategy to remember the things to during the day without being asked over and over again. Being the mom of a child with a learning difference really gets you thinking outside the box!
We began striving for excellence in our daily routine in order to honor God and truly become Proverbs 31 women...and girls! Since we are memorize Proverbs 31 in our Keeper at Home group, we have been working through it in our Bible time also. It has really challenged us ALL to seek God's will in all the areas of our day...and to strive for excellence in Him.
This led to a new strategy that has now been changed and molded into something we love! It comes directly from a system called Accountable Kids -
We had this almost exact system...but without the cards! How cool! But, I felt that the visual AND the hands on activity of moving cards would be a perfect fit for our girls. And it has been awesome!
Of course...I didn't buy the set...I made it! Now, the time Jay and I both spent cutting, laminating, and coordinating this system...made me wish I had bought it:) But, it was too young looking for my girls and I little too pricey too. But, the concept is great for those kids who need to have their tasks in front of them, the hands on activity of moving the cards from "to do" to "finished", and the reminders!
I encourage you to look at this site. It's really good and we've loved it! It might not be for you, but it's good to see it in case you want to pass it along...
*PS. the photo will make sense if you see the system on the site and watch the video on it. There are two videos that pretty much explain the whole system. I liked the idea of having my cards on the fridge very visible for our family. I made mine with colored index cards, pretty paper the girls chose, laminate paper, and command hangers stuck to the fridge. Cheap, cheap, cheap!




No comments:
Post a Comment