Friday, November 20, 2009

Family Focused Friday...Christmas Gifts

Since I shared yesterday about our night of Christmas lists...I wanted to share how we approach Christmas gifts. Since the girls have been born, we decided that we would give each girl 3 gifts for Christmas. We did this because we believed that since Jesus received 3 gifts in celebration of His birth and the fulfillment of the prophesies of the Old Testament. So...in our family...no one gets more gifts than Jesus!

No, we do give nice gifts (within our budget!)...but they only open 3 gifts. The girls just never have known anything different...so it's not strange or sad for them to only get 3 gifts. They do have their stockings and something for BOTH of them out to greet them when they come into the room.

We have never celebrated with Santa, so they totally understand why our family does things a little different. Actually...we do a LOT of things different around Christmas time. A few things have always been the same, and other things are new traditions.

I will share many of those things as we begin Advent in just a few weeks. I will share creative things my friends and family have done to make Christ the very CENTER of our celebrations. It will be so fun...and please feel free to leave a comment about the creative ways you approach gifts at Christmas. I look forward to hear and sharing them!

post signature

No comments: