Monday, November 23, 2009

Thanksgiving!

Today is our annual family Thanksgiving meal together!! We began a tradition years ago of having our own family Thanksgiving meal a few day before we set out to travel to family to celebrate with them. It began when I really wanted for my own children to have a taste for MY dressing...just like I love MY mom's dressing! Jay and I wanted to have our OWN Thanksgiving traditions without giving up all those of our families...we wanted BOTH!

So, a few years ago (I can't remember how many it has been...a bunch!) Jay and I found Paula Deen's southern dressing and we modify it to suit our taste. We get a Honeybaked Ham (we just buy it by the slice and for a pound it only costs us about $10 for our whole family to eat and have leftovers until we leave for our families homes) and I make lots of yummy sides!

Today is that day! I started some chopping and assembling this morning and things are pretty calm. The girls have really helped out making the broccoli and cheese casserole and part of the dressing too. We will have a corn casserole, rice, croissants, and for dessert I make Jay's MOST favorite pie...buttermilk. I know...I was a bit scared myself. But it is DELICIOUS!!!

The house smells amazing and we are all ready for our big family Thanksgiving dinner tonight. Then, having just enough leftovers for a few days...and THEN on to my family's home to eat some more! We can't wait!!

We pray that your Thanksgiving is amazing and that you take special time as a family to be thankful to our amazing Heavenly Father for all the bountiful blessings He alone has showered over each of our lives. Enjoy...

post signature

1 comment:

That Fresh Feeling said...

Hope you all had a very Happy Thanksgiving looking forward to reading more of your blog:-)