Tuesday night we had "the best family night EVER" according to our girls! They just kept saying that over and over all night. The best thing about this family night is that it was super easy and FREE! Jay and I decided to surprise the girls with a camp IN! The girls stayed in their playroom for a while watching a movie while Jay and I transformed the den into a campground.
We took a king sized black sheet and strung it across the room to make the tent, we brought our ipod speaker thing and put on the sounds of a thunderstorm in the room, we made hot dogs and popped popcorn for a real outdoors feel. We gathered around a candle that was our version of a campfire and then we got out the glow sticks! It was a really yummy meal and we huddled in really close...to get our the thunderstorm, of course! It truly was one of the best family nights we have ever had. We never turned on the TV, we made our own entertainment!
We sang some of our favorite choruses like Lord I Lift Your Name on High...and then I thought I would bring back a youth group campfire favorite of my day...I love you Lord. Well, it seems they don't sing that one any more and the girls just looked at me with blank stares while Jay just laughed! Well, I tried! We are going to take the girls camping again this year, but I must admit that this one was much less prep, clean up, and there were no bugs...and perhaps most important of all...we slept in our own beds!
That thing exploded shooting glow stuff (I don't know the technical term for that stuff) all over me, the girls, Jay, the floor...and INTO my mouth!!! I mean to tell you it was gross...non toxic...but gross. Well, it was crazy looking with the lights off splattered everywhere, but when you turned on the lights it was all gone. It faded away finally, I washed out my mouth, and made a mental note never to twist glow sticks. We all had a really good laugh over that one!




No comments:
Post a Comment