Oh, sweet Jesus I love you. I thank you that you are greater and higher and wider and taller and more wonderful than my crazy mind can dream up. Thank you for chasing me...because boy, I do love to run a thousand miles an hour. Thank you for the way You and I talk together...the way we laugh together over the funny little things You wrote in Your Word. I love that you created me to run as fast as my legs can go to you...though many days I chase after the wind. Thank you for letting me love big...because YOU love big. I love the way you pull back the veil each morning of my hardened, self-loving, sin-indulging heart and shine your healing light into my life. Thank you for breathing into my lungs sweet Words of Life. Thank you for filling my cup...to the full.
Sweet Jesus, I'm sorry for the ways I get distracted. I'm sorry for the millions of schedules I make to try to "be more diligent" all the while forgetting YOUR schedule. My sweet Jesus, thank You for knowing all this already and still loving me. I really mean that. I'm such a crazy ball of passion. Thanks for somehow guiding that to Yourself each and every morning...I can't imagine how frustrating that must get!
Sweet Jesus, You are beautiful. If this world is any indication of what you are like...WOW! I am amazed at you each day and how creative You are. How great of an artist! Every day I just wish I could breathe You in a little more...that I could just bottle the beauty that I see each day...that I could feel You more deeply...and step right into Heaven to hug Your neck.
Oh, sweet Jesus I need You. I don't just need You...I desire You with the most passion I can muster. But, I do need You. I need You to hold my hand and guide me through this journey. I have no idea where I am going or what I am doing. I know that's the way you like it...but it demands my pride to depart. It demands that I surrender the desire to have people think I've got it all together...though I think they've already figured that one out:)
So, my sweet Jesus...take these tears that I shed tonight as my offering to You. They are tears of a bride full of love for her Bridegroom. Come quickly my Beloved...




1 comment:
...beautifully said.....
Post a Comment