Saturday, January 24, 2009

A YUMMY Saturday!

Good morning from the Worthington family! Our sweet Anli took this picture of us...so she wanted me to include it on the blog. I'm raising my very own blogger here. So, here's a photo from my cutie of our lazy and rainy day together!

This morning, since we had already bought all the ingredients to make a big breakfast in North Carolina...we decided to go ahead and have a fun morning of baking! Anli was completely in charge of reading, following, and cooking the "monkey bread." My mom used to always make this and my family loves it every time I make it. Anli has been helping me with for the past few times, and so this morning since we had lots of time...I told her she could do it ALL by herself.
I did give a little advice now and again...because we LOVE this breakfast and we all wanted to actually eat it. At one point she almost measured out a CUP of cinnamon!!! Can you imagine? We don't even own that much cinnamon...and never mind the fact that Jay HATES cinnamon (but he loves this dish). So, Anli made a wonderful monkey bread...

Can you say WOW! It takes like a million times better than it looks. Great job baby!
Daddy and Virginia made sausage balls...another family favorite! Virginia was a little shocked because this is kind of our holiday breakfast (Christmas, Thanksgiving, etc.). She couldn't believe we were making it today...since it was JUST a Saturday! Hey, any Saturday we stay home for the day (as our little Virginia is recovering from her sinus and throat infection) is a HOLIDAY to me! She did such a great job helping and they rolled those balls out perfect...these are my two diligent cookers. Anli and I, meanwhile have sugar, flour, and cinnamon ALL over us...but we have fun:)

Jay is off tonight to spend some fun time with his guy friends...and I plan to work on organizing and formatting my 2008 blog scrapbook. I can't wait:)

We've had the best two days together as a family and I can tell you that it's been awesome! Jay and I have had time to really talk about our focus as a family and work on some really great ideas. We've enjoyed lots of cuddle time with the girls...and Virginia is feeling better every day. Sometimes, God allows us to be a little under the weather...to slow us down and help us to rest...and that we have!

post signature


No comments: